The Business Talent Visa subclass 132 is one of the subclasses within the Business Innovation and Investment program. This visa subclass is for prospective immigrants who are seeking to set up or invest into a business in Australia, and who have state nomination to do so. Successful applicants will receive permanent residency in Australia.
The Business Talent Visa subclass 132 has two different options:
1. For business owners of a high calibre, known as the Significant Business History stream.
2. For those who have secured venture capital from the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited, (AVCAL) known as the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream.
Who can apply?
1. Under the Significant Business History stream, applicants will have to have net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million and an annual business turnover of at least AUD3 million.
2. Under the Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream applicants will need to have at least AUD1 million in venture capital funding to start the commercialisation and development of a high-value business idea in Australia.
Applicants need the following in order to apply:
- Nomination by a state or territory government.
- An invitation to apply from skill select.
- To meet (along with all family members whether or not they are included in your application) the health and character requirements.
- To meet any additional requirements for the stream in which you apply.
The application process
Applicants for a Business Talent Visa subclass 132 must first of all complete an expression of interest via SkillSelect. If subsequently an invitation ot apply is received, the full application must once again be submitted via SkillSelect.
What the Business Talent Visa subclass 132 allows you to do
As this is a permanent residence visa, it permits the holder and family members to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Work and study.
- Enrol in Medicare.
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible).
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted, after which you will need to apply for a new visa if you do not have citizenship.
Whether you are interested in the Business Talent Visa subclass 132, or any of the other visa options that may be available to you, where you seek professional help from is of great importance.
There are too many horror stories of people placing their faith and money in companies and individuals, only to be let down. This is avoided by following one simple rule:
If you cannot find the agent on the official Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) website, do not use them.
Contacting Intergate Emigration
You can call us on + 27 (0) 21 202 2800 or e-mail us here.