Interested in Immigrating to Australia?

Welcome to Intergate Emigration! Let us assure you that you have come to the right place – Intergate Emigration has a registered and licensed immigration agent who is able to assist you with any migration advice about Australia that you require.

We hope you find all the information you need on immigrating to Australia from within these pages. Most of the different visa options and subclasses are covered. But if you appreciate some human contact, like we do, then you can call us on + 27 (0) 21 202 2800 or e-mail us here.

Let’s start with a few basic facts about Australian Emigration

Australia is an extremely popular immigration destination. Thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of people in fact, have a desire to start a new life in Australia and make enquiries about the possibility of immigrating. Unfortunately there is not place for everyone.

Whilst Australia seeks a large number of immigrants, it wants to attract the right type of immigrants for its social and economic growth. As such, there are a number of immigration programs, with differing criteria, under which applications will be considered. The immigration options are not just at a national level but also at a regional level, allowing regions to have input into their localised needs.

How to approach Immigrating to Australiaimmigrating to australia

  • Who you should seek help from

Australian immigration is highly regulated, which is great for you, the potential migrant. It dictates who can give you advice, their responsibilities and services. In other words it provides you with all the tools to ensure you get the correct advice from licensed professionals, so that you can avoid those who may take your money under false presences and give you poor advice.

If you are dealing with an Australian based immigration advisor, they either need to be licensed or exempt. No-one else is permitted to provide you with immigration advice or services. To make it easy for to check an agent’s credentials, the regulator (Migration Agents Registration Authority) have a facility on their website which allows you to search and ensure the advisor is licensed. If the agent does not appear on this site, do not use them.

To recap, first step is to visit the Migration Agents Registration Authority and make sure your advisor is licensed.

If, like many people, you prefer the convenience of dealing with an advisor who is based nearer to home, the same advice applies – use a licensed immigration agent.

Companies outside of Australia claiming they do not need to be licensed, are correct – they do not need to be. However, you must ask yourself why they are not and if you are prepared to risk using the services of an unlicensed immigration company or individual. Even those abroad with an identification number are not necessarily licensed with MARA. MARA may issue ‘offshore agents’ with an identification number for administrative purposes only. This number does not mean that the agent is registered and it does not represent endorsement of the agent by the Australian Government.

We repeat that advice should only be taken from those appearing on the official MARA website.

Where should your planned immigration start?

You should start the process by finding out whether immigrating to Australia is even an option for you, long before getting your hopes up and parting with your hard-earned money.

This means an assessment.

The assessment should be comprehensive in nature and presented to you in a formal written format, advising you whether you qualify and what your visa options are.

Most licensed advisors will charge for an assessment, as do we. Intergate charges R1500 plus VAT. All advisors charge due to the amount of work that goes into a thorough assessment.


Please enjoy our immigrating Australia site. If not us, please take care with what agent you appoint to look after you and by all means contact us on + 27 (0) 21 202 2800 or e-mail us here.

Where do you want to go *

Title *

First Name *

Surname *

Email Address *

Telephone Number

Age *

Your highest qualification?

Resident of


Are you in a long term relationship? *


What do you wish to do in New Zealand *

What do you wish to do in Australia *

What is your current occupation for New Zealand *

Years of work experience in this occupation for New Zealand *

What is your current occupation for Australia *

Years of work experience in this occupation for Australia *

What is your Partners occupation for New Zealand *

Partners years of work experience in this occupation for New Zealand *

What is your Partners occupation for Australia *

Partners years of work experience in this occupation for Australia *

Have you had a job offer in New Zealand? *

Have you had a job offer in Australia? *

What family do you have in New Zealand *

What family do you have in Australia *

Comments *

Disclaimer: Intergate Emigration is not an agency of the Australian Government our licensed immigration agents have been registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority.  Our Immigration Licence Registration Number is 1467325. All our services comply with the Immigration Act of Australia and our services with the compiling of visa and permit applications and our relocation services are unavailable through government channels. The application forms used during the immigration process can also be collected free of charge at any Australian Government.